26 December 2007

Juno (2007)

Everyone's calling Juno this year's Little Miss Sunshine but it's far and away a better experience. Little Miss Sunshine was saccharine drippy and disgusting to swallow. Juno is sarcastic, caustic, and filled with hilarious dialogue. What's not to like? I think Ellen Page is one of the finest actresses around -- of any age -- and she deserves to have an amazing and fruitful career. With all the positive press Juno has been getting, it's sure to win some awards. Jump on the bandwagon asap.

I'm been reading the blog of Juno's screenwriter, Diablo Cody, who's exactly my age but has done so much more. She began as a blogger, then wrote a book based on her blog, and now has a hit movie to her name. I'm green with envy -- and admiration.
"Vanessa: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?"