30 March 2007

The Drive-Thru Circle of Hell

Christmas is upon us in the form of Filet-O-Fish Fridays. Did you know that Filet-O-Fish Fridays coincided with Lent? I had no idea. I used to drive around thinking that only certain McDonald's locations had this deal. Stupid me. Pattern recognition isn't one of my strong suits. Anyway, here's the backstory on how the Filet-O-Fish got its start as a regular menu item at McDonald's. Important stuff.

The beauty of Filet-O-Fish Fridays is not just the $1 price but also the chance of having an excellently prepared Filet-O-Fish. Because McDonald's knows that all the cheapies out there will be flocking to their stores on Fridays during Lent, they keep cranking out the fish sandwiches; resulting in a perfectly warm and fresh filet each time you order. It's heaven.

Tragically, when I went to my local Fremont McDonald's, they had no idea what I was talking about. "Filet-O-Fish Fridays? Never heard of it." So it's confirmed, Fremont is going to hell. The McDonald's god has forsaken Fremont. And I was forced to pay full price for a Filet-O-Fish on Filet-O-Fish Friday. Ridiculous.