23 March 2008

Soul Food

It's hard finding new music to listen to right? I'm still on Pandora's jock but it's nice to look elsewhere right? Apple commercials only come out every few months, after all. Enter Aurgasm, or rather, it's been around since 2004 but I just found out about it.

"Aurgasm specializes in everything not under the American rock umbrella -- music such as: downtempo, folk, nu jazz, chanson, scandinavian, jazz, cuban, brazilian, electro, soul, jump blues, bluegrass, film score, and electronica."
The site's founder, Paul Irish, is out to share "the best music you've never heard." Paul debuted a new embedded mp3 player on the site recently and it's pretty awesome. The playlist functionality makes it really easy to hop around to different songs. I also don't know how Paul makes the page load more posts when you scroll to the bottom, but I sure like it.

In just a few minutes of browsing, I already love Justine Electra, Club des Belugas, Kat Flint, Daphne, Asa, Kira Neris, and a whole bunch more. Ridiculous. I feel like Willy Wonka just invited me in for a tour.