13 November 2010

Yes, You Look Wonderful Tonight

Currently pushing: Glitterboo, a site that allows you to add sparkle and magical effects to your photos. Now you know what to gift for the holidays. There's not much that can't be made better by glitter. To paraphrase Chris Rock, "mo 'tussin!" Mo'glitter, as it were. See, I super glittered the EC cover and it's now demanding to be made into a wall sized poster. Wouldn't you agree?

So I mentioned I have a book event coming up right? It's in exactly one week at Books of Wonder in New York. You should probably come. I mean, you will come. Along with five of my fellow 2009 Debs, we'll be talking about our work, fielding questions, and signing books. I'll be wearing my finest white tee for the event. Maybe afterwards we'll all go karaoke. Actually that'll probably happen since I seem to go karaoking every weekend. Doesn't everybody?

A Medley of Teen Novels
Saturday, November 20, 2010
6-8pm

Books of Wonder
18 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011

Megan Crewe, Jenny Moss, Jon Skovron, Rhonda Stapleton, J.A. Yang, Michelle Zink
In addition to being New York's oldest and largest independent children's book store, Books of Wonder's website also features a "World of Oz" section, which is just all kinds of fantastic. Speaking of Oz, if you're an Oz-ophile like me, Eric Shanower's newest contribution to the canon is Ozma of Oz #1, from Marvel Comics. Just looking at the art makes me want to buy two copies, one for reading, one for safe keeping. If you don't know about Eric Shanower, you should, because he's the definitive modern Oz writer and illustrator.

Guess who just figured out that "Dotty" is short for "Dorothy?" I mean, not me.

Update: Post-event recaps from The Book Muncher, Megan, Jenny, and Rhonda.