20 March 2008

And the award goes to...

The new Bloggie Awards are up. I usually go straight out and check the "Best Writing, Best New Weblog, Best Kept Secret Weblog, and Best Designed Weblog" categories. I have to say, I'm getting kind of sick of seeing the same blogs nominated (and winning) year after year. I mean, I don't need to know that Engadget is popular. Or that Blogger is the best web application for blogs. Duh. Can we stop awarding sites after they've won once? Wouldn't that be more useful?

Can you imagine if The Godfather kept winning the Best Picture Oscar year after year? Boring. Show me something new please. If anything, lists like the World's Most Powerful 50 Blogs are infinitely more interesting because they give me a chance to find some blogs I've never heard of. Let's revamp the Bloggies and really make cool it cool again instead of just prestigious and entrenched.