Where were you when Michael Jackson passed away?
A McDonald's six minutes away from Detroit airport. We were fueling up while waiting for Hong's flight to arrive. Eric got a call from Anna telling him that MJ was headed to the hospital. A few minutes later, we saw on the CNN ticker that he passed while in transit. Mega mix of his hits ensues. Michael Jackson song titles play a prominent role in the best man's speech at the wedding I was at over the weekend. It feels like Christopher Walken screaming "More Michael!" all weekend.
I'm glad I was nowhere near the Internet when everything started happening because I would have been clicking furiously on every rumor, false hypothetical, and promising link. When you're not near Internet or television, news is just information, instead of this all consuming experience. I can't decide if that's for better or worse.
- MJ song I have to dance to: P.Y.T.
- MJ song I have to sing to: Will You Be There
- MJ song I like better remixed: Rock with You (Brandy and Heavy D)
- MJ song we have on Laser Disc karaoke: Heal the World
- MJ song that's impossible to dance to like a normal person: Billie Jean
"The renewed appetite for his music will be exploited by the release of 'new' Jackson material, ensuring the sales boost is drawn out over weeks and months."