05 May 2009

Un Baiser s'il vous plaît / Shall We Kiss? (2009)

For a movie that's pure discussion, centered on conversations about relationships, and features some very winning actresses, I feel like I should have loved every bit of it. Instead I spent much of the running time wondering when it would get "deeper." It felt a little too fluffy to me and no real great insights were had. The main debate here is whether or not two virtual strangers should kiss. The movie is centered around a woman's story about the dangers of "just a kiss," and while this framework sounds intriguing, it was a bit distracting to jump back and forth between stories.

To be fair, I fell asleep for probably the last ten minutes of the movie, missing some crucial scenes. With that in mind, I'd want to rewatch this before a final verdict but I can't give it much more than a "I think it's good, but it's definitely missing something" verdict.